The Summer Cluster is excited to offer two Pee Wee Classes in July at the Washington State Fair Events Center Showplex in Puyallup.
2023 Western Washington Summer Cluster
Pee Wee Classes
EXACTLY WHAT IS THE PEE WEE CLASS?
- Registration takes place starting at 9 AM the day of the show (Saturday and Monday only).
- To register, visit the Club Desk at the east end of the ShowPlex.
- There is a maximum of 15 Pee Wee handlers for each event.
- There is no cost to enter, however an Entry and Release Form signed by the child’s parent or legal guardian is required to participate.
- Optional - complete the attached release form required for participation. Forms will also be available at the Club desk.
- The Pee Wee class is a fun, non-competitive class aimed at introducing youngsters ages 5 - 9 years old to the wonderful world of dog shows.
- The Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers is proud to hold the distinction of hosting the first AKC Pee Class on the West Coast back in 2015.
- Each Pee Wee unit consists of the child, his/her parent/guardian/responsible adult, and the dog.
- In the Pee Wee class, each child with his/her dog, purebred or not, and a responsible adult will learn to stack their dog, gait it up and back and around the ring to the cheers of encouragement from the many spectators.
- Each child receives a participation ribbon to commemorate the experience.
- Following completion of the Pee Wee class, the judge and all participants take a group photo, and then enjoy a special Pee Wee party.
- The party gives all competitors and families an opportunity to get to know one another, mingle with club members, ask questions, and hopefully make plans to come back next year.
- Although the word “judge” is used, this is designed to be a learning and mentoring experience. No Pee Wee are “judged.” Pee Wee handlers are mentored with the age-appropriate amount of information to help prepare them for what to expect when they move onto AKC regular Junior Showmanship once they reach 9 years of age.
QUESTIONS ABOUT PEE WEE CLASS?
Questions about the Pee Wee Class can be sent to:
AKC PEE WEE GUIDELINES HISTORY OF THE PEE WEE CLASS
- Saturday (July 8th) as part of the Seattle Kennel Club’s Show; and
- Monday (July 10th) as part of the Puyallup Valley Dog Fancier’s Show
Both events will take place during the lunchbreak which is usually around Noon – 12:30ish.
- ShowPlex Building. Specific Ring number to be announced the day of the Show.
- Washington State Fair Events Center, 110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup, WA 98371
Emmy-nominated, TV/Radio personality Tracy Taylor will be announcing Monday's Pee Wee event.