Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers
Click here for information about Western Washington 2022 Winter Cluster Dog Show
Since 1972, the Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers (PVDF) exists to:
- Support the advancement of all breeds of purebred dogs,
- The education of the owners of our beloved canines for their care and training, and
To proudly host the two largest all breed dog shows in the state and support all AKC sanctioned events.
Want to connect, learn, and/or lend your skills and strengths within this vibrant dog club and its events? Join us!
Health Clinics Location: ShowPlex110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup, WA 98371
We look forward to welcoming you and your beloved canines! All appointments for Sunday are filled.
You are welcome to come to the health clinics to see if there are any cancellations.
- The Health Clinics are located in the ShowPlex building and enter using the doors are under the Coca-Cola Stage/covered area. See #23 on the map in the WA State Fairground Map link above for location.
- Please follow all established COVID protocols - wear a mask, use hand sanitizer provided, and sit in apart from one another when waiting in designated seating. Small clusters of dog owners, breeders, and family units will be accommodated in the seating area.
- We will have a microchip scanner and show catalog. You are responsible for providing information (i.e., dog's registration number, tattoo, or microchip number, etc.) for the paperwork. Please bring it with you or have it on your phone.
- Parking in all designated lots.
- Please arrive at the Health Clinics at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- For all breeds that we can administer eye drops for that service this time is essential.
- Remember, it can take up to two hours for your dog's eye dilation to wear off. Please be mindful of the light, your breed's characteristics, and behavior around other dogs and people.
- All paperwork will be on-site and provided by the veterinarians. You will be provided a copy and will be responsible for submitting to OFA (see info below).
- To view information re: Companion Animal Eye Registry (CAER) Certification flyer << click this link
- To view informaiton re: Cardiac Disease << click this link
To CANCEL your appointment:
- Please use this link and fill out the form and submit it:https://pvdf.org/index.php/change-requests
- You will be issued a refund less the $5 cancellation fee.
Reminder: Both vets for all three services are confirmed for the July Western WA Dog Show Cluster weekend! Reservations will be available affter the premium is released.
HEART – Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022 from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday, Jan. 16, 2022 from 10 am – 5 pm
Dr. J. A. Woodfield Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology)
NORTHWEST CARDIOLOGY CONSULTANTS
- Auscultation - $53 per dog
- Echocardiograms - $215 per dog
EYE CLINIC – Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022 from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday, Jan. 16, 2022 from 10 am – 3 pm
Dr. Paul Scherlie, DVM, DACVO
- Genetic Eye Screen/CERF exams – $40 per dog
- The OFA website: https://www.ofa.org/health-clinics Not all clinics are posted here but it is an option.
- InfoDog has a searchable option by states for Match, Open Show, Clinic & Seminar Announcements.
- Cavalier Health: Dog/Canine Health Test Clinic Schedule