Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers
Health Clinics: Heart & Eye
January 15, 2022 - 10 am - 5 pm and January 16, 2022 - 10 am - 3pm
Location: ShowPlex on the Western WA Fairgrounds, 110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup, WA 98371
- Parking in all designated lots.
- ALL services REQUIRE a scheduled appointment and payment in advance.
- Please arrive at the ShowPlex 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
Here’s how it works:
- Appointments begin at 10 AM each day.
- Heart appointments vary from 7 minutes for a listen with one dog to allowing 20 minutes for an echocardiogram for one dog.
- Eye appointments are 5 minutes per dog.
- Appointment times are automatically assigned starting at 10:00 AM each day and based on when you complete your form and pay.
- Veterinarians will take a lunch break each day at their convenience.
- Please keep in mind, while you have a scheduled time, you may not be with the vet at that exact time. It's a dog show!
- Last available appointments will be between 4:30 and 4:45 each day.
- Once you select the services, date, number of dogs, and pay you will receive a confirmation of your time.
- Plan to arrive 15-20 minutes with the dog(s) BEFORE the scheduled appointment in the ShowPlex .
What is needed to schedule a service?
- On the date, select the service(s), enter the number of dogs and proceed to payment.
- Whomever is paying (i.e. owner, breeder, co-owner, etc.) does not need to be the person bringing the dog(s) to the service.
- Pay for your services!
If I am submitting the report with OFA, what do I need to bring?
- Bring your dog’s information to the exam so the exam form may be completed properly.
- Required information includes: registration number, owner’s name and contact information, dog’s registered name, date of birth, sex, breed/variety, and if applicable, permanent identification (via microchip or tattoo).
- A Show Catalog will be available.
- We will have a scanner to search for your dog’s microchip number.
- Both vets will have the necessary paperwork.
Please check the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) website for further information:
- Companion Animal Eye Registry (CAER) Overview: https://www.ofa.org/diseases/eye-certification
- Cardiac Database: https://www.ofa.org/diseases/other-diseases/cardiac-disease